Saturday, February 26, 2005

OUR HOLIDAY (PRESIDENT'S DAY)~~~~

DH's machine at the hospital has been down so he has nothing to do at work. He has been coming home early everyday and it is nice except for the lack of money. I have been wanting to get the kids pictures taken for a while and figured it was the perfect day.
I called ahead and we got in for an hour later. Had to drag austin into some decent clothes and into the studio. Well, they took about 15 minutes too long to call us into the picture room. Ileigh would have NOTHING to do with it. She was absolutely fine when I was holding her or she was in her stroller. BUT as soon as we put her in Austin's lap for the photo, she would arch her back and start howling. The poor photographer tried and tried and we even took a 10 minute break and tried again but NOPE. **sigh** She has been so smiley lately too..... We rescheduled for wednesday.
Got home, took some pics with my own camera. (I will post later). Then austin's friend from school called (that never happens), and invited him over (for the first time). He was ecstatic! So I drove him over there. Well not even 2 hours later, I get a phone call saying Austin fell off his friend's bike. He wasn't used to the type where there are front and rear brakes. He was going pretty fast when he just hit the front ones. Over he flipped! Looked like a big chunk was missing from his poor chin. We decided to take him in to get stitches, and he was freaking out at the idea.
He ended up getting 10 stitches in his chin. I know this happens to kids a lot but not my baby!! He has never had anything broken, or anything of the sort. Luckily, at the ER, my husband knew the admitting nurse (from being in the medical field) and she let us right in. We actually got out of there only an hour and a half later. Austin said ow ow ow during the whole thing but he turned out fine of course.
WHEW! I'm glad we have AFLAC, because that will almost cover our 100 dollar hospital copay.

No comments: