Saturday, July 01, 2006

Scorpion Night FROM HELL

Last night we went for a walk. No suprise, we almost strolled Ileigh right over a huge scorpion. We smooshed it.We returned home with the heebie jeebies.

I went to throw something away... and gasped. A huge scorpion on the side of our trash bucket. INSIDE the house. After my husband proceeded to make fun of my reaction, I got the camera. Then we got out a black light to see if they really glow. They do. Bright green. Then we severed it with a bottle and I put it in the dust pan and took it to our outside garbage. I forgot to say that when Andy tried to hit it with the bottle it seemed to fly towards his feet. He jumped and it was my turn to make fun of him. Next, I took the black light with me to throw away the scary scorpion. Guess what? Right outside our back door.. a baby scorpion (more dangerous than adults) scurring towards me. I yell for a shoe. Andy comes and we chase it into a crack, long story short.. kill it. We proceed. HUGEST scorpion I ever saw glowing brightly on the back gate. ARGHHHH. It gets bashed. I hardly sleep all night and check on Ileigh 5 times. We check the whole house with the black light and carefully get under the covers.

This morning I am eating my cereal when I think I see another across the living room. I almost regergetate when I see that it is another large scorpion, this one dying but not dead, next to a bin of Ileigh's toys. I show Ileigh and tell her owies and act very afraid so she knows it is never something to touch.
Just when I think it's all over, I take Ileigh into another room to watch a movie while I shower. I find a smashed baby scorpion in front of her spongebob movie chair. Andy or I must've stepped on it (barefoot) while checking on Ileigh in the middle of the night.

Time to A) invest in a pair of slippers or B) move.

No comments: