Monday, January 22, 2007

It finally happened...

I got stung by a scorpion.
It happened at midnight when I got up to pee (pea sized bladder right now). It was 2 steps away from my bed where the dog sleeps. It felt like I stepped on a 4 inch long needle. I screamed and yelled for Andy to turn on the light. I wanted to see my foot. It got me right in the arch. If I would of stepped a little differently I probably would've squashed it.

There was no mark on my foot but it felt as if it was still stinging me! Andy found it with the black light and it was still scurrying around. It was a tiny one which are the worst kind. Andy called poison control and they said just to keep my foot elevated. That I would have numbness and tingling all over my body and pain for at least 6 hours. They said it could last a few weeks. Luckily, the pain stopped at my hip but man was that scary. It lasted until morning. It felt like a needle was embedded in my foot and stabbing me periodically. My foot is still numb. We are getting our house ready to put on the market. That could have definitely killed a newborn.

No comments: