Sunday, February 04, 2007

We DID have big plans last night..

Andy's mom was coming at 6:30. Around 5ish Andy and Austin were playing basketball. They ran into each other and my over 200 pound husband knocked Austin backwards onto the cement where Austin went head first. It was an accident and he kindof fell over him. He blacked out and then cried a mumble type of cry for quite some time. Andy didn't think it was that bad. I was (as any mom would) extremely concerned. Austin said he just had a lot of pain though and no other symptoms. I didn't see it happen at all so I wasn't sure the extent of the injury. Austin layed on the couch with ice under his head for a while. When he got up from the couch an hour later, he went into his room and crouched on the floor. I got really nervous and decided to give him Advil. Andy's mom got there just in time for Austin to start throwing up everywhere. I called the on call Pediatrician and they said it may take an hour for one to call me back. It was over an hour. Then Austin started throwing up again. I started to panic and Andy wanted to call around to ER's to see how busy they were. Of course no one would tell us over the phone. Andy wanted to go to the hospital he works at and I had to remind him several times what a horrible experience we had when Ileigh dislocated her elbow! He says it has changed but I don't believe it. We ended up picking the right hospital because they got us in and out in only 3 hours. Austin did have to have a CT though which stinks since I have heard bad things about CT's causing brain cancer in kids developing brains. There was no bleed so he just had a concusion. He seems so much better now. Just quite a scare for us. I am so glad we already had a sitter!

No comments: