Sunday, April 08, 2007

My poor tooth injuring toddler...

Ileigh fell in Austins room and (of course landed on her mouth-she always does!) This time she knocked her ALREADY chipped front tooth up into her gums. It is about half the length of her other ALREADY chipped front tooth now and looks completely ridiculous. I am in tears because I just read on the internet that you need to seek dental care within 30-45 minutes when this happens. OKAAAY well it's almost 9pm. I know her ped will completely laugh me off and what dentist is working this time of night anyways?!?!

Guess I will call in the morning and hope for the best.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so mad and sad at the same time!


Sooo I took Ileigh to the dentist..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and she said not to worry about the tooth. That the perm tooth is so far behind it won't have damaged that. Even if the tooth dies, they usually just pull it and wait for the perm one.

Then Saturday evening, Ileigh starts burning up. She is super cranky and lethargic. She is in so much mouth pain that she won't drink her sippy cup. I call the dr.s after hours number (her ped) and explain what happened. This B of a nurse calls me back, grills me about every detail. I mean wanting to know how often she has peed, how big is her sippy cup, how/when did she fall, can she move her head, how long as she slept, you name it. I try to tell her there are no other symptoms, its just a stinkin infected tooth! She hesitates to call the dr. on call and tells me I should just go to the ER if I am worried. Ummm, I know her tooth will be okay because we saw the dentist. I am not paying 100 dollars for antibiotics that your A** can prescribe! She yells at me for 2 things. One is giving her motrin and tylenol so close together. I told her that I have been told by several dr's that this is okay and she tells me it absolutely is not. Then she is mad because I haven't taken her exact temp and I don't know it because she has had pain meds. She wants me to retake it anyways but I am at my mom's house who doesn't own a thermometer. I swear! I think a mom can tell when her child has a fever and I rarely take the exact temp. I talk the B into having the dr. on call CALL me. HOWEVER, (can you tell I am getting angrier?) SHE calls me back instead of the dr. and tells me that there is NO WAY that they will prescribe antibiotics since they haven't seen her tooth, AND that an infection would take longer to set in if that were the case. I am sorry but it had been 24 hours since the incident. I think she could get a fever by then. She told me I should just go to the ER or see them on Monday.
Tomorrow, I sure hope I can get in with that particular dr. I am going to pick that nurse apart. Making my baby suffer all day on Easter, no less, because she doesn't trust what I am saying.
Today, Ileigh was so somber and in pain. She would hardly drink or eat and her mouth is swollen. I took her temp and it was 103.1.

No comments: