Friday, June 01, 2007

June 1st update

Avery is growing like crazy. I can't believe she wasn't even due until yesterday and she is 2 1/2 weeks old! I took her for her 2 week check up today. She weighed in at 7 lbs and 9 oz. That's 22 oz in only 14 days and she hasn't had any formula since day 2. That is a ton of work on my part! And I have to pat myself on the back since I hate hate breastfeeding. I see so many benefits to bottle feeding yet I breastfeed anyways. Avery is definetly a boobie baby though. =) She got her poor little heel stuck again today. Every time someone is mean to her, I think what has the medical world come to? I always wish there wasn't so much medical intervention. And why on earth should I fill my baby up with all those chemicals (shots) before I know if she can even function as a human being? I know it is all a ploy by the government to completely wipe out said diseases. There will always be people that don't give shots though. I will do most of them. I just want to wait and I do think they could give more patients the emla patch which btw has never been offered to me or my children.

I am so sleep deprived. I have the best behaved angel in the world but she still wants to eat every 2-3 hours. She doesn't wake up and cry but wakes and squeaks and snorts and mommy brain arouses and feeds automatically. Some nights I am only getting 1 or 2 hours of sleep. I try to catch up during the day but usually I have too much to do. It is getting better though. With putting the house stuff away and such. That reminds me I still need to post new house pictures and moving pictures. ONe more thing I need to do! I am also working on those birth announcements.

Ileigh is doing well. She has not shown jealousy at all YET. All those stories of older children regressing when a new baby arrives didn't apply here. Ileigh has potty trained herself nearly all the way. She has been sleeping in her toddler bed since we moved and hasn't even asked to sleep in her crib which is set up. She pretty much stays in bed after we put her down too. She loves to touch the baby and has been very motherly with her own dolls. I am so proud of her! Last night, I did try to put her in undies all night long though, which didn't work. I am glad she came in and woke me up when she did though (at 730) because lucy lieu was in the bassinette with avery up at her head. All 4 paws were planted on sleeping babies face! yikes! That could've been bad. I will need to start shutting my door at night!

1 comment:

geo_wally said...

You know you can't let a cat around a newborn...they try to take the baby's breath away!

Anxiously awaiting house pictures...