Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My poor Ileigh

Ileigh was so "ta sighted" about TWO birthday parties on Saturday. One at a gymnastics place and one at a place called "pump it up" (boucers). Well, we were the first ones to show up at the inflatable zone party. She was so excited. I was too, as there were two fun parties and then I had a surprise party planned for Andy with an army theme. Although unlikely with my social problems, I was hoping to meet some of the other moms of kids in Ileigh's class. I really don't know anyone and only know a couple of the other kids' names. Well, Ileigh had trouble getting around in all of the infatables. One was an obstacle course and she really wanted up in it. They do allow the adults in, but I was a little hesitant and no other moms were playing. I asked this little girl in her class to help her around. She was excited to, but was being really rough with Ileigh. I think she was just overly enthusiastic about the inflatables. I asked her to be really careful and 10 min later Ileigh came down the slide crying and holding her arm. The party dad grabbed Ileigh and brought her to Andy. After about 10 min we decided we better leave. Ileigh is such NOT a baby when she gets hurt that we knew it must of really hurt because she would not move her arm.
We took her to the ER and long story short she broke a growth plate in her wrist. Poor baby kept asking for the cake while in the ER. She still doesn't understand that she missed both the parties. I took her to my sister's for the surprise party because there was an unfenced pool at the party house. We felt so bad leaving her and she has seemed really depressed. She can't go potty by herself and has trouble getting dressed and up and down with her cast.
She was a trooper in the ER though. The worst part was when they "reduced" it in case she pulled her radius out of her elbow socket. Ouch. Don't make fun of me but I have some pictures since I took my camera to the party. I will post them when I get them uploaded. Andy turned the big 3-0 yesterday. Guess I am married to an old man now. ha ha.

No comments: