Thursday, May 22, 2008

Updates!!

Avery had her one year check today. She has lost a pound since the beginning of
April. She weighs 18.8 pounds. The dr. seemed concerned. I know why though. She
is crawling now. She is pooping now and she is eating less. She doesn't seem as
interested in food now that she can go about and explore. She is eating a lot
less breads and more finger type foods. She doesn't eat much though. She still
hardly eats baby food and maybe will eat a half a container if its something
really good.
She is 10 percent weight and 25 height.
Avery will still hardly take a sippy cup. I have been giving her milk starting
today. She usually just has water and I am still nursing. I don't pump though.
She is still waking at least once a night, well its once on a GOOD night. =)
I can't wait to be able to see a movie or go to dinner without kids. And getting
a weekend away would be a dream come true. Those are some pitfalls to
breastfeeding! She will be really hard to wean too. I am going to take it slow.
As soon as she takes more than 3 sips from the cup a day, I will be able to cut
down. I hope!
Ileigh had a blast at Avery's party and still is doing really well not showing much jealousy. She really has done one hundred percent better with a baby than I thought she would. She is a really good kid now.. hee hee. She is quiet most of the time and has been listening well lately!
Austin and Ileigh get out of school tomorrow for the summer. I have Ileigh signed up for swim, cooking, gymnastics and art. (each like a 4-5 week class). Austin is going to surf camp in Cali and is doing a hip hop dance camp/class, and basketball.

Mexico was a complete nightmare. We even came back early. Avery was okay in the
car. Cried some but only like 20 min of 4-5 hours. Then when we got there she
would not sleep at all. No naps and we had to let her toss and turn in bed with
us until she passed out around 9-10. Then she would wake several times. She is
just a creature of habit I guess! She needed her own crib. We put the port a
crib up in the bathroom to block out noise. we also had the loud air purifier
on. I even brought a portable rocking chair but that didn't help. Mexico was
beautiful but I couldn't enjoy it on 3 hours of sleep. To top it off, Avery had
bit my nipple before we left and I had a large welt. It felt like alcohol in a
deep wound every time she would nurse on that side.. and that is the major milk
side. owwwwww! I cried myself to sleep for two nights.
Austin and Ileigh had fun, so I guess it was worth it.


I am starting to worry about going back to work and how I will work it with the kids getting picked up from school. Austin gets out at 3:30. I am afraid for him to take the city bus and don't want him to ride his bike either. I am hoping he can catch a ride with someone or I can work part time.

Avery is such a comedian. She can make so many faces. Fish lips, snarls, some
super ugly ones too! It is hilarious. I need to post some pictures on here. She
is also a giggler. She giggles over everything. Oh and she loves to say "uh oh".
Its funny. All she says besides
that is Hi and she mocks our sounds a lot. Like saying here and ball. Not really
full on saying them though, but she repeats the noises. At least I think she is
not really saying them!

No comments: