Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A few updates

Avery has finally started acting better from a 4 week long fussy period. I know she was getting a few molars (and probably still is) and she has been sick a lot too, I
guess. My theory why she is sick ALL the time is because she sucks her thumb and crawls around getting everybody's germs on her hands.

Ileigh's classes are all ending this week and next. I can't believe school starts in only a few weeks! I am going to miss her so much.
She has just learned to swim these past few weeks and is doing great. Sometimes she is a little bit too bold though, flipping like a fish out to the deep end. We have to watch her more now than ever. Before she was afraid.
Austin just finished surf camp in Cali and this week he is doing hip hop dance camp. He is also in basketball this season. Avery just tags along and whines.

Avery doesn't sleep well at night lately so is really tired and cranky. I can't believe it has been over a year since I have been able to sleep through the night. Well now I am lucky if she will even nurse to sleep.
She usually just pushes away from me to get down on her bedroom floor and then
tries to get the door open. Sometimes she stays up for hours in the
middle of the night either crying in her crib or me struggling to rock her or
whatever.
A few weeks ago she had a double ear infection and the flu. So that explains
some of it. I think it may be getting a little better now that I decided to move her mattress to the floor. I am hoping she will learn to put herself to sleep since she will have to if I am laying down with her. It can take a while though. We will see how my plan works in another few weeks.

Milestone wise... not walking. She will stand up without holding on to
anything though and cruises furniture. She will walk while you hold her hands
but then tries to get down or up. She is starting to use push walkers and seems to really get a kick out of it. I have some pictures.
I remember Austin.. once he learned the push walker, he couldn't get enough of it. He would run around corners and everything. Around 8 mos!!!! Kids are so different. Ileigh walked at 14 mos and Avery will probably be 14 or 15 mos. The only reason I am anxious is because of the germ thing.

Other things.. she says "uh oh" about 100 times a day. Usually right before
throwing food or her cup. She points and can do eye nose mouth... kindof. She
loves Ileigh and Austin but she bites and pinches. She is pretty mean! She
doesn't "scream" .. she doesn't get mad when you take her toys or anything. She just gets pissed sometimes for no reason. Like Ileigh will be saying "Hello Avery!!" in her face or something and Avery will reach out and scratch the crap out of her. Just a meanie.
On the other hand she loves to giggle and squeal. Man, when both girls get going it sounds like a teenage slumber party in here. What am I in for?

We got a new car!!!!. We were going to buy a Prius but ended up
with a Camry hybrid. It is so awesome. It has navigation and you can say "store"
and it will pop up every store in the vicinity and give you phone numbers and
stuff. You don't have to pay for a service either. We got a really cool greenish
aluminum color. We traded in Andy's pick up truck (gas guzzler) so we still have
the van if we need to fit all 5 of us comfortably. The prius was too small for
Austin to fit between the carseats at all.

Avery's weight went down in the last few months. She is 19 pounds even. So we can't
turn her seat around and after watching crash tests on youtube and reading info
online about the benefits of rear facing, I may wait a bit longer. I guess in
Sweden they don't forward face till 3 or 4 yrs old. I just wish they made dvd
players that face the opposite way! My kids are spoiled!!!

We are going to Southern California a few months and staying in a beach
house. We may go to Sea World and/or Disneyland or Legoland. I know Ileigh would never ride a roller coaster in the near future. I can't even get her to go down water slides
that she is tall enough for!

Poor Ileigh stood in an ant hill in our backyard a few weeks ago and didn't notice till they were up to her knees. She is so eaten up. I had to give her an aveeno bath and gave her benedryl. =( It was incredible how many bites she got. Even up near her chest.

We got a Wii and love it!! It is so fun. Ileigh can beat us bowling
and I plan to get the Wii fit. I know she will love that too!

We got her a wood kitchen for her birthday. 50 bucks from one of Andy's
co-workers. She loves it too. We also are having a family bbq but will have a
party with her school buddies when school starts back up. I asked her friends
mom to do a joint party and we are going to do it at Pump it Up. It is an inflatable indoor place.


We went to watch some fireworks on the 4th. Both girls fell asleep but we drove there anyways. I woke Ileigh up and she was amazed. I was so happy because she had been begging me NOT to go. She is still terrified from when she was a baby. They were awesome and we parked and walked to the lake front and got to see a great show including the finale. Now she is asking to watch them again! She did the same thing with Nemo on ice. Didn't stop asking to see it again for months! I try to tell her these things happen once a year!


I will post pictures soon, I promise! It is too early in the morning for that now.

No comments: