Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween 2006

Andy picked Ileigh up at school and was at his witts end by the time he pulled up with her in the car. She didn't nap at school and was disrespectful to her teachers. Even her favorite teacher, I guess she ripped her glasses off and tried to throw them, then she scratched her arm up. Bad little Ileigh!

I tried to get her excited about Halloween but she wasn't. I gave her a choice of costumes and she just said NO. We read her a book and she threw the book at us. We put her in time out and she was hysterical. So I took out the simplest costume and put it on her so that we could just keep her in the stroller instead of letting her walk house to house. We wanted to go early so that we could head to my moms for dinner and still be back in time for Ileigh's bedtime.

She screamed when I put the costume on that she wanted it OFF but everytime I started to take it off she screamed louder because she wanted it ON. Finally I got her happy and in the stroller and we headed out to t or t. First house told us they were heading out and didn't have candy. Second house we met the husband outside and he invited us in. Except when he opened the door, his wife didn't know we were behind him and started yelling at him about all the stuff she needed to do and where had he been. oops. We left and decided we would try later in my mom's neighborhood.

We got in the truck and traffic was horrific. 10 minutes later Ileigh was fast asleep. Andy was happy but I wasn't. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and last year Ileigh was too young to enjoy it. Now that she is old enough, she's too cranky to enjoy it. She slept like a log through the rest of the holiday. Austin just wanted to be with his friend (he made friends again with the boy that has been mean to him all year). She was passed out on my mom's bed in a tigger costume. I have to share that pic soon.

Guess I will try again next year!

No comments: