Saturday, February 28, 2009

More Mail!!!

On Dec 1, 2008, at 8:15 PM, ** ***s wrote:

When you don't want to be Facebook friends
With so many opportunities these days to connect with people online, some are confronting a question they thought they had left behind during their awkward adolescent years: What if I don't want to be your friend?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27775484/from/ET/


LOL. I found this girl on facebook, ***. My family lived across the street from hers for years and years. (like 15 or something). I was best friends with her older sister and since she was just a year younger than us, I was good friends with her too. I have been searching for her whole family for the past 5 years. Phone books, internet people finders, reunion sites, you name it. So I was overjoyed when I found her on facebook and it is for sure HER. I asked her to be my friend AND left a little note as to who I was. No response. I let a few months pass and then sent her another note saying how much I really wanted to catch up with her and her family. Still nothing. Now she either is creeped out, doesn't have any kind of memory, or doesn't check that email account. Whatever the case, I am hurt! My family was asking me daily if she wrote me back too. My older sisters went to school with her older brothers even. sheesh!

December 5th, 2008

ughh. Avery is still not sleeping. Another thing she doesn't do is eat! She only wants to nurse and it is so frustrating.

She absolutely will not go in her crib so she sleeps on a mattress on the floor until her first wake up. She just learned a couple days ago how to open her bedroom door. So now she wakes up and comes right to my bedside. We took the box springs out from under our bed to make it lower. I put her next to me and nurse and she goes back to sleep. Then she wakes up about 2-3 more times before wake up time around 7 or 8 am. She goes down late recently around 9 pm. Her naps are horrible too. She naps around noon for about 50 minutes only. The really sad part is she is sooo tired and sooo hungry which makes her whine all the time and just want to nurse more. It's a vicious cycle.

Laura

December 6th, 2008
In regards to claim number 08344032
and coverage ID number 636541201

My daughter and I were involved in an accident on August 25th, 2008. A 12 foot wall fell over on us and she was nearly killed. I was surprised to have my claim denied stating "AC THIS PLAN PROVIDES BENEFITS FOR ACCIDENTAL INJURIES ONLY"

This was an accident in every sense of the word. Please let me know why it was denied as such. I have a doctors signature and the receipt from her services. Do I just need to submit that or was this a glitch? I have never had to submit those things before.

Thank you

Laura and Andrew

December 9th, 2008

Hi ***. I have a problem or rather my cat does and wanted your advice.

I found Marley at the pound on Sept 24th. He looked like he had a severe eye problem and his cage was labeled "stray" so I asked what would happen to him. Of course they would just put him to sleep so long story short I fostered him. They reluctantly gave me some clavamox drops saying he had a URI. On the 24th, only his eye looked bad but I picked him up on the 26th and he had nose bubbles, yuck. They said his eye was just ulcered from the URI. After the meds, he seemed really no different. I took him back to the pound vet (technically, he wasn't my cat). They gave me some ointment for his eye and said it was just ulcered. They also said he should get better from the URI in a few weeks. He didn't. I called the pound foster coordinator three weeks later. She yelled at me that I wasn't taking proper care of Marley and what kind of person was I, etc. Really rude. She said obviously I wanted to adopt him so he was either my problem now or I could bring him it to put him to sleep. Sobbing, I got off the phone. I was planning on asking you what I should do about his URI around that time when the worst happened.
Right before Thanksgiving, Marley ( who I believe to be blind and possibly deaf too) got into my garage and stayed under my car when I backed up. Let me add that Marley is the sweetest cat ever. He was obviously hurt and had blood coming out of his mouth, I rushed him to the nearest vet. They gave him oxygen, xrays, IV, ect. Charged 300 dollars and sent us to the overnight pet hospital. He slowly stopped panting and they next day ate and made friends with everyone in the hospital. I told them the whole story of his URI and eye problem and even though they were certified in pet eye care, they did nothing but prescribe clavamox again. I told them it didn't work the first time but they said it should work. argghhh. you would think that 1,200 would have paid for them to help me with his long standing problems as well. Also, he didn't have anything wrong from the accident. No broken bones or anything. It was a miracle!

So I am wondering if this is something marley just has to live with? Can a cat just have chronic URI symptoms?
I really appreciate it.
Laura

(never got a response from her.. thanks a lot!)

December 11, 2008
Hi ***. How are you?

Well, last night was just plain awful. Avery also is getting her eye teeth and I HOPE it is due to that.
She went down after 3 tries at 9 pm in her room. I immediately went to bed even though it is sooo nice to get the break from her to do what I want. I decided to sleep. She woke up at 10:30 and I layed down in her room with her on her mattress and nursed her back to sleep. Then I creeped back out into my own bed at 11:45. She woke up around midnight and opened her door and came into my room. I let her in my bed and nursed her to sleep. She was up at 1 and same thing. Then up at 2 but this time she wouldn't go back down. Even with nursing and even in our bed. I got up and gave her motrin. She kept getting out of my bed and trying to drag me out with her but I kept refusing. I also threatened her crib. Then I tried to put her to sleep in her room while rocking and nursing her. She nursed and then got up, over and over again. Finally around 4 a.m. she settled down in my bed without nursing. It was so frustrating and the motrin didn't seem to make a difference. My husband was like "oh I am sorry (around 3:30 a.m). I said if your that sorry, you can get up and help me at any time now! ugghh. That really stinks about nursing. Husbands get out of a LOT of baby care. Will you nurse next time? I know it has it's benefits, I guess if I were to do it again... I would just make sure they would take a bottle too. Avery has just been stubborn her whole life! Boy are we in for it.

Talk to you soon,

Laura









No comments: